How Do SGA Meetings Work?
- Meetings generally start at 7:30 p.m. and are every other Thursday night, weather permitting, in the University Center's Senate Chambers located on the second floor.
- All meetings are open to the public. Any student can show up and make comments at the beginning of the meeting.
- The meeting begins with reports from the executive officers and then reports from each committee.
- Next, travel bills will be presented and voted on.
- Following that, senate bills will be presented, discussed and either voted on or voted to sent back to committee for repairs.
- Wrapping up each meeting is a brief announcement period where senators, officers and SGA's advisor can address the group.
- Meetings usually close about an hour and a half after they start. However, some last longer on occasions and some are shorter.